Footprints

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My First Ever Quilted Item ... A Cushion

Hey There,

A few years back (quite a few, I think !!), I used to attend a monthly workshop, where each month we did a different craft.  One month we began doing a quilted cushion, using the Ohio Star pattern.  It was all hand sewn, and I never finished it ... not a big fan of hand sewing, and I put it aside to do other things (as you do !!!)

Anyway, back in February, I joined a Beginners Patchwork class at my local U3A.  The first week I had nothing to work on, so I took in my cushion cover ... and I actually finished it.  I finished hand piecing the block, then machine stitched a border and backing, and quilted the top "in the ditch".  Surprisingly, it turned out not too bad.


Now it just needs stuffing !!  In the mean-time, it sits on the card table where I use my sewing machine, and Bambi the cat thinks it is the best place in the world to have a snooze !!  She seems to like anything home made ... what a silly kitty !!

Take care,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments ... it's always great to get feedback !!