Footprints

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A "Roly Poly"

When attending my Beginners Patchwork class, I noticed a few of the ladies had what they term as "Roly Poly's" ... sort of a companion thingumy to store fabric and blocks in between sewing sessions ... you lay your block on the fabric, then roll it up, tie it up, and put it all away !!  I got the pattern from one of the girls, and using some small squares of aboriginal fabric I had purchased ages ago, made my own.  Unfortunately, it looks nothing like the one in the pattern ... but it is functional, and that's all that matters, I guess !!

This pic shows the Roly Poly opened up, with the outside folded over ... the bit you store your stuff on is the plain side !!  You can even pin pieces onto it !!  It's very useful !!

Take care,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments ... it's always great to get feedback !!